Monday 30 September 2013

The Only Way is Books!

After joining London Loveiosa a few weeks ago, I have committed myself travelling from Laindon in Essex to Kings Cross once a month. According to Google this is 33.7 miles, so not as far as some other chapter members ;-).




After the first meeting I attended, I spent a a week or so asking for books in preparation for the launch of "Flourish and Blotts One Stop Book Drop". A lovely lady at my work allowed me to clear a whole shelf of books to donate and my aunt also donated 2 bags full, so many thanks to them.
On Saturday I got up at 7.30 and left the house at 7.45 with so many books I nearly fell down the stairs and Fenchurch Street Station! With books at the front and back of me, I wobbled dangerously out of the station and on to Tower Hill. It was all worth it in the end to get to our stall and find that I filled the adults shelves and had to resort to artfully making Hogwarts library style piles.
The Kings Cross carnival was lovely! I ate candyfloss and popcorn, met many lovely Londoners and tourists enjoying the fair that were interested in our cause. It was a delight to see the faces of children when they won raffle prizes and I got Warwick Davis to sign my copy of his autobiography "Size Matters Not". 
I have begun work on the chapter's very own website and hopefully we can go live in he next couple of months. Cannot wait for out next event, but in the meantime I will keep promoting HPA's Equality FTW campaign!
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!






No comments :

Post a Comment